Mothers' Initiatives Africa Programmes Coodinator - Sarah Nambudye
Mothers’ Initiatives Africa (MIA) is a civil society not-for-profit organisation incorporated in 201...
My name is Sarah Nambudye. Am the Team Leader and founder of Mothers’ Initiatives Africa, an organization that was established to holistically empower women and girls in Eastern Uganda. With a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and a Master of Arts (Sociology) both of Makerere University, these combined with the certificate in Ambassadors of Women’s Health course, Sarah now has a bias in Maternal Health, Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights issues, Menstrual Hygiene, HIV/AIDS awareness, demography, family structure, adolescents, social relationships and health (physical, mental, and behavioral Change Communication).
• Guiding and counselling with experience in raising awareness on reproductive health issues, family planning, Menstrual Hygiene Management ranging from individuals to small mixed groups; specializing in at-risk women, girls and children.
• Conducting meetings with women, girls and boys about Water Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) in rural communities and schools and even covering topics such as social skills and behavioural issues.
• Excellent time-management planning, presentation skills, written and interpersonal communication proficiency and a dynamic ability to build positive rapport with several different populations.
• Training Women’s Groups into various sanitation and hygiene practices, behavioral change, Income generating Activities such as Tailoring of re-usable sanitary pads kits, liquid soap making, mushroom growing candle making, art and craft using local materials.
• Awareness raising in communities about the importance of saving by involving communities in small manageable saving groups such as Village Savings and Loans Association.
• Undertaking qualitative and quantitative research, including designing research tools, actual data collection, analysis and report writing.
• Designing and undertaking different forms of monitoring and evaluations (baseline surveys, mid-term reviews, end of project and post-project/impact evaluations, participatory evaluations, policy evaluations, etc).
• Project cycle analysis, review and management (identification, formulation, appraisal and evaluations)
• Designing, planning and delivering capacity building interventions in areas of programming, result based or participatory project planning, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy, and strategic planning.
• Working knowledge and command of several computer applications: (MS office, spreadsheets, Statistical data Analysis with SPSS, internet based applications like outlook, etc
All these are done with Care, Patience, being Approachable, Resourcefulness, in a Friendly manner and with Passion
|Contact me for||General partnerships , Good case practice sharing , Opportunities for collaborations , Speaking opportunities|