This project will examine how to strengthen the Bajenu Gox Initiative's contribution to improving maternal and child health across Senegal. Former President Abdoulye Wade founded this community-based health worker program to train women to be leaders in reproductive health. Based on the Wolof term for godmother, the Bajenu Gox Initiative provides support to women during the prenatal, delivery, and post-natal periods. It also provides advice about caring for children under 5.
* Identification of pregnant women
* Achievement of simple acts and administrative management
* Awareness and talks (health post or neighborhood)
* Identification of women and children "lost to follow-up"
* Reception and human care "
For more information please visit: https://www.idrc.ca/en/project/bajenu-gox-community-approach-maternal-and-child-health-senegal-imcha