About the organisation
Basic details : Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Through our health, protection and emergency relief programmes, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in more than 45 countries each year.
Mission : At Terre des hommes, our goal is to steadily improve the conditions of the most vulnerable children worldwide. We are focused on five main objectives:
• Improving the health of children under the age of five and of children in need of specialised medical care
• Protecting migrant children
• Preventing child exploitation
• Promoting restorative justice for children in conflict with the law
• Providing humanitarian aid to children and their families in times of emergency and crisis
Vision : Giving birth is the most dangerous point in the lives of mothers and children. Tdh focuses on providing healthcare during pregnancy and childbirth, as well as in the first years of life – a period essential for child development.
At Terre des hommes, one of our priorities is to ensure that children and their mothers benefit from proper healthcare. As a result, we have launched a number of innovative projects in this field:
- the IeDA application( Integrated e-Diagnostic Approach),this application makes it easier to diagnose children using the WHO clinical protocol by saving their data to digital tablets, IeDA had significantly improved the quality of diagnosis.
-SIMSONE (French abbreviation for simulation and essential newborn obstetric care). The project aims to use innovative methods to train midwives in rural health centres, teaching them essential medical procedures that save the lives of mothers and newborns.
Avenue de Montchoisi 15, 1006 - Lausanne, CH
Contact us for
General partnerships, Good case practice sharing, Opportunities for collaborations, Speaking opportunities
Organisation main contact email
+41 58 611 06 66
Sonia Ancellin Panzani
Manager Africa for the Health programme